Sunday, July 12, 2009

I prayed for a friend and God answered my prayers




So my friend Thomasin hath clearly arrived in Santiago to travel with me. Not only is it great to have someone to talk to during the day, but it's even better to have someone who loves food just as much as I do. I mean I love food so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. We spent the first part of the day at Mercado Central which is the main fish market in Santiago. It was like being in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul, expect much more, umm, Spanishy.

The seafood is caught fresh daily and looks and taste insanely delicious. It's best to avoid the big touristy places in the middle and head to the more dingy ones in the corner. Couldn't imagine having a cheaper or better lunch. And I highly recommend the Chilean specialty Chupe, a seafood casserole that's so much better than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment