Saturday, January 31, 2009

How Many Do You Count?

So I stopped this section of my post since being in the great barrier because every day the count was zero. Literally. Except that on my dive boat, one of the instructors was black, by way of France, by way of North Africa-somewhere. Really crazy guy. and I don't mean crazy like a fox. I mean crazy like a crazy person.

but back to the dive boat situation. If you're a diving enthusiast, I highly recommend living on a boat.
A. you get to dive about 5 times a day
B. if you're traveling alone, it's a great way to meet other people, and
C. it's kind of awesome to tell people you lived on a dive boat.
D. you have people to go drink with in town after a Cyclone cuts your trip short. good times.

The name of my boat was called Ocean Quest, which is run through Divers Den Dive Center. They are an unbelievably professional company and the staff is great and really personable. Most are relatively young and come from all over the world. It's also cheaper than doing day dive trips where you only dive twice and pay $200/day. Kind of a rip off.

I give them *** 1/2 out of ****.

No comments:

Post a Comment